Sunday, 13 August 2017

Fifty Bookish Questions | TAG

Hi Darlings,

I would firstly like to apologise for my absence in the general social media world. I have been feeling a bit meh about the whole blogging aspect recently and I needed to take a step back and remember why I did it in the first place. I am going on holiday on Wednesday and I am looking forward to not having to worry about anything bar being on a beach and exploring!

I was tagged by the incredible Jenna from The Perfictionist to do the Fifty Bookish Questions TAG and as a self-confessed bookworm, here are my answers!


1) What was the last book you read?
I read a Court of Throne and Roses by Sarah J Maas.
2) Was it a good one?
It was really good, if a bit simplistic and predictable
3) What did you like about it?
I am such a fan of fantasy re-tellings of fairytales and this book series is a play on Beauty and the Beast
4) Would you recommend it to other people?
Absolutely! I was recommended it and I would happily pass it on!
5) How often do you read?
I read every day, mostly in the evenings, but if I'm travelling, then all day
6) Do you like to read?
I love to read!
7) What was the last bad book you read?
This is tough, but On the Other Side, it was in opinion, so insipid and terrible
8) What made you dislike it?
The story was very simplistic and the characters did not feel very developed to me
9) Do you wish to be a writer?
I love to write and I would love to write a book that has everything that books lacked when I was younger. However, being a writer is not an aspiration of mine
10) Has any book ever influenced you greatly?
Probably the Lord of Rings series, and also The Little Mermaid, as this inspired my love of mermaids!
11) Do you read FanFiction?
Sometimes, but mainly out of curiosity rather than as invested stories
12) Do you write fanfiction?
Nope, and I probably never will
13) What is your favourite book?
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte, I absolutely love it
14) What is your least favourite book?
Probably fifty shades, but then I have never read it
15) Do you prefer physical books or ready on a device (like a kindle)?
I much prefer physical books, so that I can have that new book smell, but I am running out of bookshelf space so may have to invest in a Kindle!
16) When did you learn to read?
I learnt to read at primary school around age 3/4. I was given a stack of very simplistic books and managed to read them in a weekend!
17) What is your favorite book you had to read in school?
Frankenstein. I had to read it at A-Level and initially could not get into it, but it has since become one of my favourite books.
18) What is your favorite book series?
Lord of the Rings, the books and films are so special to me and will always be a firm favourite
19. Who is your favorite author?
I don't have 'favourite authors,' per se, I just have authors that I enjoy their writing, so Lesley Pearse, Sarah J Maas, Agatha Christie, JK Rowling, Tolkein, Charlotte Bronte,
20. What is your favorite genre?
Tricky question, but I would have to say fantasy easily!
21. Who is your favorite character in a book series?
Another tough question!! I am going to have to say either Luna Lovegood, Scarlet from the Lunar Chronicles, Feyre from ACOTAR or Aelin from Throne of Glass
22. Has a book ever transported you somewhere else?
Every LOTR book has been entrancing, as well as Harry Potter, but recently it has only been A court of Throne and Roses that I have been obsessed with!
23.Which book do you wish had a sequel?
The Night Circus by Erin Morganstein!! If you have not read it, I cannot recommend it highly enough!!
24. Which book do you wish DIDNT have a sequel?
Oooo, I mean I cannot stand the Game of Thrones books, so I feel they don't need anymore, but I know some people adore them.
25. How long does it take you to read a book?
Honestly depends on my schedule. When I was at university, it would take weeks, now it takes about three days to a week, depending on how much I like the book. 
26. Do you like when books become movies?
Only when done well, the Harry Potter books and films are amazing, the LOTR books and films are amazing, the Hobbit book is amazing and the films terrible. The Book Thief is a beautiful book and the film is meh; all depends on the film adaptation.
27. Which book was ruined by its movie adaptation?
The Divergent series, and the Percy Jackson series, I cannot express how disappointed I was.
28. Which movie has done a book justice?
If I am honest, I don't think there has ever been a movie adaptation I have walked away from thinking it surpassed expectations. I just think you can encompass so many more details in books that get missed on film.
29. Do you read newspapers?
Rarely, if one is around the house but I watch the news and read BBC online if something big has happened.
30: Do you read magazines?
I read DIVA magazine regularly and I used to read Vogue but not really, I think they're a waste of money
31. Do you prefer newspapers or magazines?
Probably magazines but then I rarely read either so...
32. Do you read while in bed?
Of course I do!!
33. Do you read while on the toilet?
No, haha! I tend to go in, do my business, get out.
34. Do you read while in the car?
No, I am normally the one doing directions, so I have to focus. Maybe when I pass my test I will listen to audiobooks.
35. Do you read while in the bath?
Never, I dropped a library book in it when I was younger, and since then my books stay far far away!
36. Are you a fast reader?
Depends on interested in the book I am!
37. Are you a slow reader?
Depends on the book again!
38. Where is your favorite place to read?
Next to the sea, on holiday; or on trains, I love being able to lose myself for a few hours
39. Is it hard for you to concentrate while you read?
If I am enjoying the book then I will spend hours just reading, if not, then my mind wanders and I end up reading the same sentence over and over!
40.Do you need a room to be silent while you read?
If I am alone, then I need a silent room, but if I am on a train, I can also listen to music.
41. Who gave you your love for reading?
I was always encouraged to read from a young age, and when I was small, I tended to spend most lunchtimes reading in the library. Honestly, I did not have a lot of friends, so I spent most lunchtimes reading ahaha!
42. What book is next on your list to read?
Anna Karenina! Finally getting round to reading it!
43. When did you start to read chapter books?
I was around six, when I started reading the Famous Five etc
44. Who is your favorite children’s book author?
Roald Dahl and Jacqueline Wilson were firm favourites!
45. Which author would you most want to interview?
Sarah J Maas-that woman has made me laugh and cry so I would love to have a chat about her books!
46. Which author do you think you’d be friends with?
Marissa Meyer or Sarah J Maas-only so I can pester them to write faster and also give me access to the books early!
47.What book have you reread the most?
Probably Jane Eyre or else the Ingo Series by Helen Dunmore
48. Which books do you consider “classics”?
I suppose books by authors that are studied or come in those fancy cloth bound editions. Then again surely we could consider Harry Potter a classic???
49. Which books do you think should be taught in every school?
Books that get people invested in literature. Also Shakespeare, I hated learning quotes etc but just reading the texts show what an incredible writer he was. 
50. Which books should be banned from all schools?
This is tough as it's a totally objective question, but I have to say anything like Fifty Shades, (why they'd be in school I don't know.) Other than that, I am not a literature snob so read what you want!

I hope you enjoyed this dip into my bookish sensibilities, I have a Goodreads account you are welcome to follow me on! As for tagging, if you want to do this tag, go ahead, I would love to read your answers!

Until next time
xx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Ms Belle BonBon. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig